Found this recipe here whilst looking for a child-friendly wood polish to use for a toddler's memory box. I didn't want to use the standard wood vanish, since a toddler could touch the box and possibly put their hands in their mouth! This way, I know the ingredients used are child-friendly. Tried it out and I must say, it worked out pretty well.
1 cup Olive Oil
1/4 Cup grated Beeswax
1)Put the Olive oil and grated Beeswax in a Pyrex or microwave safe container.
2) Allow to melt in a microwave at 30 second intervals until fully melted. Mix intermittently.
(This stops it from overheating or bubbling over).
3) Once melted, pour into heat proof jars, allow to cool and set.
Use as Wood Polish:
1) Apply a generous amount of wood polish onto cloth.
2) Polish the wood in the direction of the grain
(This enhances the natural features of the wood).
3) Wait for a couple of minutes then polish again using a new cloth.
Store in a air tight container
Can last about a year.
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome to my blog, where I share things that inspire me. My faith, nature and the simple or imperfect things in life, are what brings me joy and inspire me to create. I look forward to sharing my inspirations with you. Thanks for stopping by!