The funny thing is, that the Christian faith is a lifestyle which you live by. It's what enables us to navigate and overcome the good, the bad or ugly things life throws at us. It's our coping and survival mechanism. Without faith in Christ, we can do nothing, but through faith in Christ, we can do all things. So you see, being a Christian is not something to be afraid of. It's something to be embraced, as contrary to public opinion, no Christian is perfect. The reason why I and other fellow Christians follow Jesus Christ is because, at one point-in-time in our lives, we realised we weren't perfect and became Christians so that we can learn how to live in a better way. It's that simple!
Being a Christian won't stop you from enjoying the best things in life, but it won't stop you from experiencing hardships either. Just remember that Christianity is a lifestyle and the next time a Christian offends you, don't be quick to blame their faith. It's never the faith that causes the problems, it's our fragile humanistic nature which we struggle with, that is to blame. We as individuals and as a Christian collective, are aware of that. We never blame someone's healthy lifestyle for their actions, so why blame someone's faith? Likewise, it's okay to like or be friends with Christians because their lifestyle won't steer you in the wrong direction if their hearts are truly serving Christ. Why? Simply because Christ is all about love. So how can you hate when your lifestyle is all about love?
To round this up, thought I'd highlight some well known Christians both past and present who have achieved success in their chosen fields and were known for being followers of Christ. Feel free to look them up! They are:
- John D Rockefeller - Entrepreneur
- Henry Heinz- Entrepreneur
- Maya Angelou - Poet, Activist
- Martin Luther King - Preacher and Activist
- Denzel Washington/Mel Gibson - Actor
- George Foreman - Former Boxing Champion and Entrepreneur
- Leonardo Da Vinci - scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, artist, architect, botanist, musician and writer
- Johnny Cash/ Carrie Underwood/Brian Welch - Musician
- Dr Ben Carson - Legendary Neurosurgeon
- William Shakespeare - Poet and Playwright
- Thomas Edison- Inventor and Entrepreneur